5 Tips for Success
If you are headed to alcohol rehab, you are taking the next best step toward a bright future. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of the experience and be as successful as project both during and after the alcohol rehab program.
Tip #1: Focus on Accomplishing Little Goals
For example, you know you don’t want to drink today. What can you do instead that will be productive? It can be as small as ‘make your bed’ or ‘eat a healthy breakfast’ or something bigger like ‘work on resume’ or ‘look through want ads and contact five listings.’ Always have some small, manageable goal that you can handle on your to-do list to keep you focused.
Tip #2: Develop a Support Network
Tip #3: Bring Something Inspiring and/ or Personal from Home
Sometimes a picture of your kids or a beautiful location in the world that you’d like to visit can be just what you need to remind you of why you’re working through all these difficult issues rather than succumbing to the disease. Your favorite book or your favorite pair of pajamas can help you relax.
Tip #4: Don’t Expect to Want It All the Time
The idea of relapse may sometimes seem like the best and most desirable next step. Don’t worry! You can get through these thoughts and cravings. That’s why you have a support network and personal comfort items. Everybody feels this way from time to time. But just because you have these feelings doesn’t mean that you have to act on them.
Tip #5: Get Referrals
Before you leave alcohol rehab, make sure to get local referrals so that you can continue your treatment. If you found that acupuncture or acupressure worked well for you, then find one close to home that specializes in alcohol abuse and addiction. Get a referral for a local therapist, 12-step groups and support groups so that you can build a network of support at home. If you would like, you always have the option of going to a sober living home after treatment.
Alcohol Rehab at Michael’s House
At Michael’s House, we offer alcohol rehab and sober living facilities.
Contact us today at 1-877-345-8494 for more information.
- 5 Signs Your Loved One Needs Alcoholism Help
- 5 Tips for Success
- A Guide to Alcohol Relapse Prevention
- Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms
- Alcoholism Rehabilitation Facility
- California Alcohol Rehab
- California Alcoholism Treatment
- Calling Hotlines
- Can Rehab Save Your Marriage?
- Choosing Holistic Recovery for Alcoholism
- Cost of Alcohol Rehab
- Explaining Residential Alcohol Rehab
- Famous Alcoholics
- Financing Options
- Free Rehabs
- Getting Your Loved One Into Luxury Rehabilitation
- Having an Intervention
- How To Find the Right Center
- How to Know if you’re an Alcoholic
- Inpatient Versus Outpatient
- Insurance Coverage
- Lesbian Alcohol Rehab
- Locating Alcoholism Rehab
- Military Rehab Centers
- Private Recovery Programs
- Quick Facts About Addiction Treatment
- Recent Statistics
- Recovery for Teens
- Rehab for Men
- Rehab for Women
- Rehabilitation FAQ
- Rehabilitation for the Elderly
- Rehabilitation Options
- Rehabs for Christians
- The Biggest Hurdles to Rehab Success
- Therapy Options
- Top 5 Questions
- Treating Alcoholism and Depression
- Warning Signs of a Problem
- What to Expect at Rehab
- When Your Spouse has an Alcohol Addiction