Rehabs for Christians
While most alcohol rehab programs are not affiliated with any single religious group, more and more programs are creating alcohol addiction treatment plans that incorporate Christian teachings and lifestyle into their core offering of alcohol detox, counseling and aftercare.
Who Should Consider a Christian Rehab?
Christian alcohol rehab is an appropriate option for those individuals who wish to remain closely connected with their faith as a means of aiding their recovery from alcoholism. Those individuals found at Christian alcohol rehab centers are either lifelong devout Christians, or men and women who recently rediscovered their faith in God as a result of their alcoholism.
What are the Benefits?
For those who believe that Christian alcohol rehab is right for them, there are a number of key advantages, including:
- Being close to one’s faith. Many use the faith to guide them through the most difficult times in their lives. Struggling with alcoholism would certainly qualify as one of these defining moments. Christian alcohol rehab allows the individual to remain close to their faith while undergoing detox, counseling and other recovery programs.
- Connecting with other Christians. Being around like-minded people of the same faith, who are also going through the challenges of addiction recovery can prove to be a huge plus in one’s pursuit of sobriety. Daily interactions with other Christians strengthen the soul and provide much-needed support.
- Regular services. One of the hallmarks of a Christian alcohol rehab program is regular church services for patients and their families. Many alcohol rehab facilities will have a member of the clergy come to the facility daily to hold sermons or speak individually with patients in a private one-on-one environment.
12-step Programs and Christianity
These programs have always appealed to individuals of the Christian faith. Giving one’s self up to a “higher power” as the programs recommend may not necessarily involve a Christian God, but for many Christians it provides a perfect parallel to their own religious beliefs.
Once attending regular 12-step meetings, individuals soon begin to benefit from the support they receive from the others in the program. The chance to talk openly and honestly about the challenges of alcohol recovery is immensely valuable to those who feel isolated by the experience.
Michael’s House is a residential drug and alcohol rehab facility located in the heart of beautiful Palm Springs, California. The caring treatment staff at Michael’s House helps provide an individualized recovery plan for every patient, so that they are able to connect with their faith in any way they see fit.
For more information, contact Michael’s House today at 1-877-345-8494.
- 5 Signs Your Loved One Needs Alcoholism Help
- 5 Tips for Success
- Alcoholism Rehabilitation Facility
- California Alcohol Rehab
- California Alcoholism Treatment
- Calling Hotlines
- Can Rehab Save Your Marriage?
- Cost of Alcohol Rehab
- Famous Alcoholics
- Financing Options
- Free Rehabs
- Getting Your Loved One Into Luxury Rehabilitation
- Having an Intervention
- Holistic Recovery basics
- How To Find the Right Center
- How to Know if you’re an Alcoholic
- Inpatient Versus Outpatient
- Insurance Coverage
- Lesbian Alcohol Rehab
- Locating Alcoholism Rehab
- Military Rehab Centers
- Private Recovery Programs
- Quick Facts About Addiction Treatment
- Recent Statistics
- Recovery for Teens
- Rehab for Men
- Rehab for Women
- Rehabilitation FAQ
- Rehabilitation for the Elderly
- Rehabilitation Options
- Rehabs for Christians
- Relapse Prevention
- Residential Rehabilitation
- The Biggest Hurdles to Rehab Success
- Therapy Options
- Top 5 Questions
- Treating Co-Occurring Depression
- Warning Signs of a Problem
- What to Expect at Rehab
- When Your Spouse has an Alcohol Addiction
- Withdrawal Symptoms