The fact is, only a fraction of those people who need help are able to find it through the qualified care provided by an alcohol rehab center.
The following information represents a small sample of some of the more profound recent research on the state of alcoholism in this country.
Alcohol Rehab Statistics
- According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), over 40% of all admissions to addiction treatment centers are for issues related to alcoholism or alcohol abuse.
- According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) there were over 22,000 alcohol-induced deaths in 2006 and over 11,000 caused by alcohol liver disease.
- Among current alcohol drinkers, over 20% report having consumed more than five drinks in a single day at least once over the past year.
- The percentage of men and women who reported a binge-drinking episode in the past 30 days has increased every decade since the 1970′s.
- In the United States, there are 17.6 million adults that could be classified as alcoholics or having alcohol problems. Of these individuals, only a small percentage (less than 8%) receives the help they need via alcohol rehabilitation.
- The two most common reasons given for not seeking or receiving alcohol rehab treatment are: “Did not feel as if I was ready to stop drinking” (42%) and “I was unable to afford treatment” (38%)
- A 2006 survey found that 19.0 percent of women in their first trimester of pregnancy used alcohol, 8.0 percent engaged in binge drinking behavior.
What do these Statistics Mean?
Taking in these numbers, one is left with an even-greater respect and admiration for the work performed at alcohol treatment centers around the country. In fact, the important of these life-saving facilities has never been greater. Individuals who are able to come to terms with their alcoholism can overcome the physical and psychological addiction to alcohol through programs that include: alcohol detox, counseling and aftercare.
Michael’s House is an alcohol rehab facility that understands the toll alcoholism can take on the individual and his or her family. Located in Palm Springs, California, Michael’s House is a residential alcohol rehab center that treats the whole individual -in mind, body and spirit.
For more information about life-saving programs, contact Michael’s House today at 1-877-345-8494.
- 5 Signs Your Loved One Needs Alcoholism Help
- 5 Tips for Success
- A Guide to Alcohol Relapse Prevention
- Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms
- Alcoholism Rehabilitation Facility
- California Alcohol Rehab
- California Alcoholism Treatment
- Calling Hotlines
- Can Rehab Save Your Marriage?
- Choosing Holistic Recovery for Alcoholism
- Cost of Alcohol Rehab
- Explaining Residential Alcohol Rehab
- Famous Alcoholics
- Financing Options
- Free Rehabs
- Getting Your Loved One Into Luxury Rehabilitation
- Having an Intervention
- How To Find the Right Center
- How to Know if you’re an Alcoholic
- Inpatient Versus Outpatient
- Insurance Coverage
- Lesbian Alcohol Rehab
- Locating Alcoholism Rehab
- Military Rehab Centers
- Private Recovery Programs
- Quick Facts About Addiction Treatment
- Recent Statistics
- Recovery for Teens
- Rehab for Men
- Rehab for Women
- Rehabilitation FAQ
- Rehabilitation for the Elderly
- Rehabilitation Options
- Rehabs for Christians
- The Biggest Hurdles to Rehab Success
- Therapy Options
- Top 5 Questions
- Treating Alcoholism and Depression
- Warning Signs of a Problem
- What to Expect at Rehab
- When Your Spouse has an Alcohol Addiction