How to Know if you’re an Alcoholic
Many of us enjoy a drink with a dinner, or perhaps a cocktail or two when we’re out with friends. We know our limits and rarely exceed them. But what if we are drinking more than our friends, and occasionally suffer from health problems that stem from our drinking? Did we just have one too many, or are suffering from alcoholism and don’t even know it.
To best determine if you have a drinking problem, ask yourself the following questions. If you answer yes to one or more of these questions, you may be an alcoholic and in need of professional help.
Questions to ask yourself about your drinking habits
Important questions about your alcohol consumption
Think back several months from now. Are you drinking more now than you were then?
Do you find it hard to come home at the end of the day and NOT have a drink?
Has your work performance ever suffered as a result of your drinking?
Do you drink at lunch, even if none of your coworkers are having any alcohol?
Is your sex life suffering as a result of your drinking?
Are you engaging in more and more arguments with your significant other?
So you have a drink to “clear your thoughts” or wind down after an argument with your significant other?
Have you ever woken up in the morning and had a drink to start the day?
Do you crave alcohol when you aren’t drinking?
Do you feel anxious when you have not had a drink for a while?
Do you ever feel guilty about how much you drink?
Are you finding that you have a higher and higher tolerance for alcohol and that it takes more and more to get you inebriated?
Have you ever been charged with a DUI?
Have you experienced “blackouts”, where you cannot remember what occurred during certain periods in which you were drinking?
If you have answered “yes” to any of the questions above (or know someone who you believe is an alcoholic) it is imperative that you seek professional help immediately. Left untreated, alcohol abuse can cause a variety of serious health problems -both psychological and physical.
At Michael’s House, we help alcoholics reclaims their lives. Our staff of professionals takes you through the difficult withdrawal periods and on through the counseling you need to get your life back in order. We understand the power of this disease, and will do everything necessary to help you overcome it.
- 5 Signs Your Loved One Needs Alcoholism Help
- 5 Tips for Success
- A Guide to Alcohol Relapse Prevention
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment for Men
- Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms
- Alcoholism Rehabilitation Facility
- California Alcohol Rehab
- California Alcoholism Treatment
- Calling Hotlines
- Can Rehab Save Your Marriage?
- Choosing Holistic Recovery for Alcoholism
- Cost of Alcohol Rehab
- Explaining Residential Alcohol Rehab
- Famous Alcoholics
- Financing Options
- Free Rehabs
- Getting Your Loved One Into Luxury Rehabilitation
- Having an Intervention
- How To Find the Right Center
- How to Know if you’re an Alcoholic
- Inpatient Versus Outpatient
- Insurance Coverage
- Lesbian Alcohol Rehab
- Locating Alcoholism Rehab
- Military Rehab Centers
- Private Recovery Programs
- Quick Facts About Addiction Treatment
- Recent Statistics
- Recovery for Teens
- Rehab for Women
- Rehabilitation FAQ
- Rehabilitation for the Elderly
- Rehabilitation Options
- Rehabs for Christians
- The Biggest Hurdles to Rehab Success
- Therapy Options
- Top 5 Questions
- Treating Alcoholism and Depression
- Warning Signs of a Problem
- What to Expect at Rehab
- When Your Spouse has an Alcohol Addiction