The cost of medical and mental health treatment is on the rise across the United States. Alcohol rehab programs have not been immune to this phenomenon -and as such, many of the top treatment centers are now out of reach for the average American family. Luckily, there is also a trend among major insurance companies that has more and more offering coverage for alcoholism treatment under their mental health plans.
The result is greater access to life-saving alcohol rehab programs for more families with insurance.
What is Insurance?
Alcohol rehab insurance is coverage by a health care provider for different forms of alcohol addiction treatment. This can be in the form of partial payment – or full payment for treatment services rendered depending upon the insurance plan and the facility in question.
How Much does Insurance Pay?
Most common is an insurance company that offers a selection of different facilities to choose from in the individual’s geographic area. In this case, the insurance company is likely to pay for the entire bill after addiction treatment is complete.
Which Treatment Centers Accept Insurance?
Currently, several different types of alcohol rehab centers accept insurance as a form of payment. Ten years ago, the majority of treatment centers that took insurance were outpatient facilities. In the past decade however, even the most exclusive residential alcohol rehab centers have begun working with insurance companies to help offset the cost of treatment for working families.
Why is Insurance so Important?
Even standard outpatient rehab centers that cost a fraction of that may still be out of reach for those families that have seen their finances thrown into chaos as a result of addiction. Insurance makes treatment a reality for these families at a time when all the odds seemed stacked against them.
Recent changes to our healthcare system by the United States government means more access to healthcare for more people -time will tell if this extends to those who need alcohol rehab to help recover from addiction.
- 5 Signs Your Loved One Needs Alcoholism Help
- 5 Tips for Success
- A Guide to Alcohol Relapse Prevention
- Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms
- Alcoholism Rehabilitation Facility
- California Alcohol Rehab
- California Alcoholism Treatment
- Calling Hotlines
- Can Rehab Save Your Marriage?
- Choosing Holistic Recovery for Alcoholism
- Cost of Alcohol Rehab
- Explaining Residential Alcohol Rehab
- Famous Alcoholics
- Financing Options
- Free Rehabs
- Getting Your Loved One Into Luxury Rehabilitation
- Having an Intervention
- How To Find the Right Center
- How to Know if you’re an Alcoholic
- Inpatient Versus Outpatient
- Insurance Coverage
- Lesbian Alcohol Rehab
- Locating Alcoholism Rehab
- Military Rehab Centers
- Private Recovery Programs
- Quick Facts About Addiction Treatment
- Recent Statistics
- Recovery for Teens
- Rehab for Men
- Rehab for Women
- Rehabilitation FAQ
- Rehabilitation for the Elderly
- Rehabilitation Options
- Rehabs for Christians
- The Biggest Hurdles to Rehab Success
- Therapy Options
- Top 5 Questions
- Treating Alcoholism and Depression
- Warning Signs of a Problem
- What to Expect at Rehab
- When Your Spouse has an Alcohol Addiction