Military Rehab Centers
Our troops endure great stress and hardship in the name of protecting our country and our freedoms. Sadly, this stress can often lead to alcohol abuse and even addiction. Military alcohol rehab centers are designed to help those who served our country overcome addiction -and go on to lead fulfilling, productive lives free of alcohol abuse.
Why is Military Alcohol Rehab so Important?
More and more, we find our soldiers coping with addiction to alcohol or drugs -and in need of the services that only an alcohol rehab or drug rehab program can provide. According to the Department of Defense, alcohol abuse along costs the U.S. Government more than $600 million each year.
- The stress of battle. Most people can only imagine the horrors of battle and what they can do to the psyche of an individual. Many soldiers will try to “quiet the demons” and mask the pain of Post-traumatic stress syndrome they are experiencing through the use of alcohol.
- The separation from loved ones. Being away from friends and family during long tours of duty can wreak an emotional toll on even the strongest individuals. In order to cope with the emotional pain, many with self-medicate with alcohol.
- Post-career disappointment. When a solider returns home after a long tour of duty and attempts to restart their life, they are often met with seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Whether it is a lack of skills demanded by the job market -or the inability to reconnect with loved ones -the return of a soldier is not always as joyous and can offer lead to alcohol abuse and addiction.
- Boredom. When a solider is out in the field, or in training, there are often long stretches of boredom in between brief spurts of activity. Many will fill this time with alcohol use (provided that it is available).
Where Can I Find Treatment Centers That Serve the Military?
The Veterans Administration often provides alcohol rehab treatment or reimburses soldiers and ex-soldiers who are need of recovery services at these facilities.
In addition, with soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan in record numbers, many alcohol rehab facilities are providing special programs to meet the special needs of these individuals – and addressing the unique root causes of their addiction.
Michael’s House greatly respects the sacrifices that our brave men and women of the military make every day -and the physical and emotional toll it can place on themselves and their families. With that in mind, Michael’s House is well-equipped to help veterans with their recovery from alcohol addiction – providing comfort and care from their residential alcohol rehab in Palm Springs, California.
Contact Michael’s House today for more information.
- 5 Signs Your Loved One Needs Alcoholism Help
- 5 Tips for Success
- Alcoholism Rehabilitation Facility
- California Alcohol Rehab
- California Alcoholism Treatment
- Calling Hotlines
- Can Rehab Save Your Marriage?
- Cost of Alcohol Rehab
- Famous Alcoholics
- Financing Options
- Free Rehabs
- Getting Your Loved One Into Luxury Rehabilitation
- Having an Intervention
- Holistic Recovery basics
- How To Find the Right Center
- How to Know if you’re an Alcoholic
- Inpatient Versus Outpatient
- Insurance Coverage
- Lesbian Alcohol Rehab
- Locating Alcoholism Rehab
- Military Rehab Centers
- Private Recovery Programs
- Quick Facts About Addiction Treatment
- Recent Statistics
- Recovery for Teens
- Rehab for Men
- Rehab for Women
- Rehabilitation FAQ
- Rehabilitation for the Elderly
- Rehabilitation Options
- Rehabs for Christians
- Relapse Prevention
- Residential Rehabilitation
- The Biggest Hurdles to Rehab Success
- Therapy Options
- Top 5 Questions
- Treating Co-Occurring Depression
- Warning Signs of a Problem
- What to Expect at Rehab
- When Your Spouse has an Alcohol Addiction
- Withdrawal Symptoms