When Your Spouse has an Alcohol Addiction
Few things can put a strain on a marriage more than when one member of the couple has an alcohol addiction. Alcoholism can shake the foundation of trust and put the entire family in jeopardy.
Signs Your Spouse may have an Alcohol Addiction
If you suspect that your spouse has a drinking problem, it is important to watch for the classic signs and symptoms of alcoholism.
- Drinking throughout the course of the day -including socially unacceptable times such as the morning or during work.
- Strong denials regarding his or her drinking problem, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
- Poor performance at work or school as a result of drinking alcohol
- Sudden mood shifts and irritability when not drinking
Problems of Co-dependency and Alcohol Addiction
Often, an individual will not help their spouse (or may even begin to develop a substance abuse problem themselves) because they are afraid the relationship will deteriorate if they confront their significant other. This same problem has caused millions of people to sink further and further into alcohol addiction, and countless relationships to become isolated and unhealthy as a result.
What is needed in a co-dependent relationship is for one person to stand up and have the strength to reach out for help.
Getting Help for Your Spouse
If any of the above applies to your situation, there’s no time like right now to get your spouse into an alcohol rehab program. However, for some couples this may be easier said than done. If you’ve tried talking to them, reasoning with them and perhaps even threatening them with no avail, it may be time to hold an intervention.
An interventionist can help plan the meeting and will even attend to make sure that the process is productive and safe for everyone involved.
Once an intervention has been held (provided that it is successful) the individual needs to be taken to alcohol rehab immediately. Once there, he or she will receive the help they need from professionals who understand the havoc that alcohol addiction can wreak on a family.
Michael’s House is an addiction treatment facility located in Palm Springs, California. This luxury residential alcohol rehab center treats individuals suffering from alcohol addictions and drug addictions. The caring, professional staff works closely with every patient to make sure that their needs are met, and their rehab is progressing in a healthy, productive manner.
Contact Michael’s House today at 1-877-345-8494 for more information.
- 5 Signs Your Loved One Needs Alcoholism Help
- 5 Tips for Success
- Alcoholism Rehabilitation Facility
- California Alcohol Rehab
- California Alcoholism Treatment
- Calling Hotlines
- Can Rehab Save Your Marriage?
- Cost of Alcohol Rehab
- Famous Alcoholics
- Financing Options
- Free Rehabs
- Getting Your Loved One Into Luxury Rehabilitation
- Having an Intervention
- Holistic Recovery basics
- How To Find the Right Center
- How to Know if you’re an Alcoholic
- Inpatient Versus Outpatient
- Insurance Coverage
- Lesbian Alcohol Rehab
- Locating Alcoholism Rehab
- Military Rehab Centers
- Private Recovery Programs
- Quick Facts About Addiction Treatment
- Recent Statistics
- Recovery for Teens
- Rehab for Men
- Rehab for Women
- Rehabilitation FAQ
- Rehabilitation for the Elderly
- Rehabilitation Options
- Rehabs for Christians
- Relapse Prevention
- Residential Rehabilitation
- The Biggest Hurdles to Rehab Success
- Therapy Options
- Top 5 Questions
- Treating Co-Occurring Depression
- Warning Signs of a Problem
- What to Expect at Rehab
- When Your Spouse has an Alcohol Addiction
- Withdrawal Symptoms