Options for the Treatment of Alcoholism
You may be ready to start alcohol treatment, but what exactly will you be doing? Will you be able to live with your family, or do you have to go away what about your health problems? And how do I even know I’m getting the right type of treatment?
It can be tough to sort through all the alcohol treatment options, especially if you don’t really know what they are. If you’ll take a moment to read on, you can get a little more knowledge under your belt before you start or alcohol treatment program.
Outpatient and Inpatient Alcohol Treatment
Perhaps the biggest and most obvious categories of alcohol treatment programs are inpatient or outpatient. there is a big difference in intensity between the two.
Dual Diagnosis – Mental Illness and Alcohol Addiction
Dual diagnosis treatment is somewhat different than treatment for addiction only. The theories and treatment methods have even changed directions in the last two decades. Both must be treated together in order to give the person the best chance for sobriety.
In so many cases, the addiction develops as a way to cope with the mental illness. So if the mental illness is not treated right away, any attempts to maintain sobriety may be vulnerable to relapse. Some alcohol treatment centers have dual diagnosis therapists on staff. You can also find some rehab centers that focus solely on dual diagnosis issues.
Alcohol Rehab Options
So now you know a little more about alcohol treatment options. Of course each alcohol treatment center has its own unique style and specialties. Going to different regions of the country can give you some variety as well.
But no matter where you look, your alcohol treatment options for inpatient, outpatient, and dual diagnosis will be readily available to you today.
- Alcohol Recovery Center Facts
- Alcohol Treatment Costs
- Alcohol Treatment for Women
- Alcohol Treatment Insurance
- Alcohol Treatment Intervention
- Alcohol Treatment Success Rates
- Alcohol Withdrawal
- Do you need Treatment?
- Family Alcohol Treatment Tips
- GLBT Alcohol Treatment
- History of Alcohol
- Holistic Alcoholism Recovery 101
- Inpatient Alcohol Treatment
- Luxury Alcohol Treatment
- Military Treatment Centers
- Options for the Treatment of Alcoholism
- Preparing for Treatment Admissions
- Private Alcohol Treatment
- Residential vs. Outpatient Alcoholism Treatment
- Types of Treatment for Alcoholism
- What Happens When Treatment is Over?
- Why is Alcohol So Addictive?