Drug Detox Costs
Drug detox is a little bit different than drug rehab when it comes to calculating cost. It is usually a short-term program (usually three to seven days in length) with a singular medically identifiable goal, which means the bill is going to be smaller. While you may not be able to afford a long-term inpatient drug rehab program, anybody can cover the cost of a treatment at a short-term drug detox center.
Michael’s House provides drug detox in addition to drug addiction treatment and long-term residential care. Contact us today for more information about our services.
Because it is a strictly medical procedure with little psychological treatment and the outcome can be physically identified by the lack of withdrawal symptoms, insurance companies are required by most states to include coverage for this part of drug addiction treatment. There may be limits on the type of drug detox covered or the length of stay that they will pay for. Medications may or may not be included in that coverage and any care beyond detox may be your responsibility as well, so double check with your insurance company to make sure that you know exactly what to expect before heading into treatment.
Different Types of Detox
The most expensive types of drug detox are long-term, outpatient opiate detox treatments for heroin addiction and opiate addiction (i.e., painkillers). Medications taken daily or every other day like methadone or buprenorphine (also known as Suboxone) most likely will be covered by health insurance companies only in part or not at all. If you have questions about what medications are covered and for how long, contact your insurance company for details.
Though insurance is good about covering the cost of most drug detox services, some people don’t have enough insurance to cover the entire bill and about half of those who need treatment don’t have insurance at all.
- Check out local nonprofits. Many nonprofits, especially in urban areas, will provide you with assistance.
- Call your drug detox center of choice. Most drug detox centers and drug rehab programs are well aware of the obstacle many people face in paying for treatment. They may be able to offer you a sliding scale rate based on income or a payment program that allows you to make payments over time.
- Borrow from family or friends. It’s not the most comfortable option and many who have been living with drug addiction for years will find that they’ve burned most of their bridges in this area, but the worst that can happen is they say ‘no.’ The best that can happen is that they say ‘yes,’ and you get the help you need that allows you to get better, get a job and pay them back.
Detox at Michael’s House
If you are interested in finding out more about drug detox at Michael’s House in Palm Springs, California, call today.
- 3 Drug Withdrawal and Detox Myths
- At Home Drug Detox
- Drug Detox Costs
- Drug Detox Help
- Drug Detox Medication
- Drug Detoxification for Women
- Drug Withdrawal and Detoxification: 8 Things You Should Know
- Drug Withdrawal Symptoms
- Guide to Withdrawal and Detox
- Holistic Drug Detox
- Luxury Drug Detox
- Medical Drug Detoxification
- Methadone Detox
- Naturallying Detoxing from Drugs
- Private Drug Detoxification
- Similarities and Differences Between Alcohol and Drug Withdrawal
- Suboxone Detox
- The Process of Prescription Drug Detox
- What to Expect During Drug Withdrawals