How to Cover the Costs
A lack of financial resources is one of the most common barriers for addicts seeking drug or alcohol rehab, according to the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. Once you’ve made the decision to reach out for help, addiction may have exhausted your financial resources. You may not have an employer, an insurance provider or a supportive family member to help you cover the costs of treatment. So how can you pay for drug rehab? Affordable treatment programs are available if you do a little research with the help of professional rehab admissions counselors.
Rehab Payment Options
No matter how you look at it, drug rehab is a big investment. Whether you calculate the cost in terms of money, effort or time, you can be certain that you’ll be channeling a lot of resources into the healing process. This investment might seem daunting at first, but the rewards of recovery will make it worth your while. Whether you have a lot of money at your disposal, a restricted income or no income at all, there’s a treatment option to meet your needs. Free, low-cost and sliding-scale programs are available for individuals whose resources are limited. These programs are administered by public health agencies, hospitals, mental health centers and private facilities.
There’s a common myth that private drug rehab is completely unaffordable for anyone but the rich and famous. In reality, some of the top private treatment centers in the country offer a sliding-scale payment program for those who can’t afford the full fee. Many rehab centers accept health insurance for their services. An admissions counselor can help you determine whether your insurance company will pay for your treatment by asking the following questions:
- Does the insurance provider cover inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab or both?
- Is the treatment facility part of the insurance provider’s network?
- How many days of rehab are covered under the insurance plan?
- Which recovery services are covered (detox, medication, psychotherapy, etc.)?
Figuring out how to pay for rehab can be an overwhelming task, especially if you’re in the early stages of sobriety. Instead of getting discouraged by the prospect of paying for rehab, seek help from a treatment professional to find out what our options really are. You might be surprised to find out that you have more alternatives than you realized.
Paying with Financing
Few reputable crystal meth detox and addiction treatment programs will be unable to help you with financing if you need it in order to secure treatment for your loved one. Financing will allow you to give the full sum of the cost directly to the treatment center immediately and pay off the cost at your pace. This means that you can incorporate the cost of crystal meth rehab into your monthly budget without having to destroy your family’s finances and deplete everything you’ve worked for. In many cases, both secured and unsecured loans are available at interest rates that will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Exploring Financial Resources
Like cancer, diabetes or heart disease, addiction is a chronic condition that requires intensive treatment. Yet when it comes to paying for addiction treatment, many of us don’t feel that we have the same level of financial help at our disposal. Covering the costs of rehab often requires turning to private sources, such as:
- Loans from family members, partners or close friends
- Help from employee assistance programs
- The sale of personal assets, such as automobiles, boats or RVs
- Retirement accounts, IRAs or personal savings accounts
There are a lot of creative financial solutions for people who are truly committed to recovery. At Michael’s House, we maintain a firm commitment to helping our clients find a way to pay for addiction treatment. Our admissions counselors are available 24 hours a day to talk with you about payment options. We can even suggest alternative treatment plans if our programs aren’t the right fit for you. When you’re ready to reach out, we’re here to help.
- 10 Keys to Success in Recovery
- 5 Tips for Rehabilitation
- 7 Things to do After Rehab
- 7 Things to Know Before Starting
- Admissions for Drug Abuse
- All About Holistic Treatment
- Alternative Drug Treatment Programs
- Basics of Aftercare
- Basics of Rehabilitation
- Benefits of Inpatient Programs
- Christian Drug Rehab
- Equine Therapy in Rehabilitation Centers
- Gay-Friendly Drug Rehab Centers
- Getting a Loved One into Treatment
- How Aftercare Works
- How to Cover the Costs
- Inpatient vs. Outpatient Treatment
- Insurance Basics
- Keys to Long-Term Success
- Los Angeles Drug Rehab Centers
- Luxury Rehab
- Outpatient Drug Treatment
- Private Rehab
- Programs For The Elderly
- Questions to Ask Before Enrolling in a Program
- Rehab Programs for Military
- Rehab Services
- Rehabilitation Program Pricing
- Residential Rehab
- Side Effects of Drug Rehabilitation
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Private Facilities
- The Staff at a Rehabilitation Program
- Treatment in California
- Types of Specialists at Drug Rehab Centers
- U.S. Treatment Statistics
- What Are the Costs?
- What Makes a Rehab Program Successful?
- What to Bring