Drug Treatment Scams
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse over 2.5 million people receive treatment each year at a qualified drug rehab facility. And although the world of addiction treatment is filled with caring, expert professionals who have dedicated their lives to helping others, there are unfortunately, a number of businesses within the industry that over-promise in terms of the results offered, or flat out lie about the effectiveness of their programs.
These drug treatment scams besmirch the entire industry and are an injustice to those qualified drug rehab centers that continue to help people rebuild their lives.
Common Drug Treatment Scams
The most common drug treatment scams include:
- Detox as rehab. Many detox facilities claim that their program “cures” drug addiction. This is simply inaccurate for two primary reasons. It is impossible to simply cure drug addiction. Individuals must learn how to cope with their condition by understanding the triggers associated with their drug use -and finding healthy alternatives and better decision-making skills to carry them through the rest of their lives. Drug detox is simply an important step in this process.
- Herbal remedies. There are countless herbal remedies that do indeed work as advertised. However, drug addiction is not something that can be cured with a simple pill or mixture of organic herbs. Individuals are strongly urged to avoid those claims of a “cure” through natural or chemical remedies.
- Shorter rehab programs. Some treatment facilities proclaim that they can help individuals overcome drug addiction in as little as two weeks. This is simply not possible. Drug rehab programs that enjoy the highest success rates last at least one to three months.
- Guarantees. It is almost impossible to guarantee successful drug treatment. While the finest facilities do proudly sport high rates of addiction treatment success, there are simply too many variables involved to make such a bold claim.
Elements of Quality Drug Treatment
So how can an individual spot a reputable, professional drug treatment center when they see one? It is important to watch for the following:
- Standard program length. Most qualified drug treatment programs last between one and three months, with long term drug rehab lasting a year or longer depending upon the severity of the condition.
- Comprehensive treatment. The drug treatment programs with the highest success rates are those that address both the physical and psychological needs of the individual. Detox, counseling and aftercare must all play a role if the individual is to enjoy a truly full recovery from addiction.
- Qualified staff. It is important to review the background of those employed at an addiction treatment center. The best facilities will feature a number of individuals with key educational degrees as well as decades in the treatment industry.
Michael’s House offers comprehensive drug treatment from their luxury residential facility in Palm Springs, California. The caring professionals at Michael’s House understand that treating drug addiction requires a qualified, multi-faceted approach. For more information, contact Michael’s House today at 1-877-345-8494.
- 10 Keys to Success in Recovery
- 5 Tips for Rehabilitation
- 7 Things to do After Drug Rehab
- 7 Things to Know about Drug Counselors
- 7 Things to Know Before Starting
- All About Holistic Drug Rehab
- Alternative Drug Treatment Programs
- Basics in Rehabilitation
- Benefits of Inpatient Drug Rehab
- California Drug Rehab
- Christian Drug Rehab
- Counseling Benefits
- Drug Recovery and Exercise
- Drug Rehab Aftercare
- Drug Rehab Costs
- Drug Rehab For The Elderly
- Drug Rehab Insurance
- Drug Rehab Insurance Basics
- Drug Rehab Scams
- Drug Rehab Services
- Drug Rehabilitation Counseling
- Drug Treatment Scams
- Equine Therapy in Rehabilitation Centers
- Gay-Friendly Drug Rehab Centers
- Getting a Loved One into Treatment
- Getting a Loved One into Treatment
- How Drug Rehabilitation Aftercare Works
- How to Pay for Drug Rehab
- Inpatient vs. Outpatient Treatment
- Keys to Long-Term Drug Rehab Success
- Los Angeles Drug Rehab Centers
- Luxury Rehab
- Military Drug Rehabilitation Centers
- Outpatient Drug Treatment
- Private Rehab
- Questions to Ask Before Enrolling in a Program
- Rehabilitation Admissions for Drug Abuse
- Rehabilitation Program Pricing
- Residential Rehab
- Side Effects of Drug Rehabilitation
- Successful Rehabilitation Programs
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Private Facilities
- The Staff at a Rehabilitation Program
- Types of Specialists at Drug Rehab Centers
- U.S. Treatment Statistics
- What to Bring to a Rehab