Teen Heroin Addiction
Statistics show that every year, more and more teens between the ages of 12 and 17 are trying heroin and using it regularly. As a result, teen heroin addiction is becoming increasingly common and the need for teen heroin rehab rises every year. It’s a problem that can be terrifying to parents – how can you help your child when heroin addiction is an issue?
At Michael’s House, we can help. Contact us today to learn more about teen heroin addiction and how we can help your child to recover at our heroin rehab and sober living estates here in Palm Springs, California.
Does My Child Need Treatment?
Is your child just experimenting or do they have a serious problem with heroin addiction that requires serious treatment? Many parents know on a gut-level when their children are in danger and need heroin addiction treatment, but these same parents may be in denial -no one wants to see their child and certainly no parent will easily admit that their child is taking their lives into their own hands with a drug like heroin. A few signs that your teen is using heroin addictively include:
- Finding paraphernalia is a clear sign that your child is at least dabbling regularly in heroin abuse.
- “Nodding out” and closing their eyes in the middle of conversations is a sign that your child is high on heroin.
- Changes in mood, hygiene, appearance, interest in old hobbies and friends, irritability followed by being “dazed” or “out of it” can also signify that heroin addiction is a problem for your child.
In general, if your child uses heroin even one time, a huge red flag should go up. If they abuse the drug more than once, the problem has become critical. And if they continue using over a period of months, then it’s time to enroll them in a teen heroin addiction treatment center.
Intervention for Teen Heroin Addicts
As a parent, you have the power to simply enroll your underage child in a teen heroin addiction treatment program. However, if your child is over the age of 18 or if he or she does not believe that treatment is necessary, a teen heroin addiction intervention can be helpful in getting them to understand that heroin rehab is not only important, it will save their lives.
At a teen heroin addiction intervention, you can gather together a handful of friends and family members who have your teen’s best interest at heart. They will each have the opportunity to relate a story to your child about how his or her heroin addiction hurt them in some way. The goal is to help your teen to understand the serious nature of heroin addiction and encourage them to immediately choose the teen heroin addiction treatment help they need.
Teen Heroin Addiction Treatment at Michael’s House
We can help you to help your child. It starts with a phone call. Contact us today at 1-877-345-8494 to find out more about our heroin addiction treatment program here in Palm Springs, California.
- 7 Ways to Tell if Someone is Using Heroin
- A Brief History of Heroin Addiction
- Famous People Who Died of a Heroin Overdose
- Health Hazards of Heroin Addiction
- Heroin Addiction Facts and Statistics
- Heroin Addiction Risks
- Heroin Addiction Statistics
- Heroin Addiction Symptoms
- How Addictive Is Heroin?
- Long-term Effects of Heroin Use
- Myths and Facts about Heroin and Heroin Addiction
- Teen Heroin Addiction