How Dependency Starts
It’s not uncommon for those with a prescription for one of these medications to ultimately develop a physical dependence, but when a psychological addiction develops as well, the safest way to end the dysfunctional relationship with the drug is to go to a prescription drug rehab that can offer detox and addiction treatment.
For those who develop a prescription drug addiction by experimenting with pills given to them or purchased on the street, overdose as well as withdrawal symptoms associated with physical dependence are potential issues.
No matter how prescription drug addiction begins, the most important factor is taking steps to end it as soon as possible. At Michael’s House, we can help.
Call now to find out more about our prescription drug rehab program options and our sober living estate here in Palm Springs, California.
A Simple Prescription Can Lead to Abuse
Most people develop a prescription drug addiction when they begin taking a prescription painkiller for chronic pain or an anti-anxiety medication for panic attacks – but not everyone with a prescription for an addictive medication will inevitably develop a prescription drug addiction that requires treatment. Physical dependence and a tolerance for the medication is common, but the concern comes in when the patient begins to abuse the drug or develops a psychological craving and compulsion to take more than prescribed.
Combining medications with other drugs, including alcohol, can increase the effects and contribute to the development of addiction. Trying to get another doctor to give you a second, similar prescription is another sign that you have developed an addiction to your medication.
Treatment: Call Michael’s House Today
Prescription drug overdose, prescription drug addiction, lost jobs, weakened immune system, financial problems, relationship problems – when prescription drug addiction is allowed to continue without treatment, any one of these problems can result. Don’t let prescription drug addiction ruin your life.
No matter how it started, you can make it stop by contacting us at Michael’s House and securing a spot for yourself in one of our drug rehab programs. Call now.
- 7 Highly Addictive Prescription Drugs
- Celebrities and Prescription Drug Addiction
- Criminal Behavior and Prescription Drug Addiction
- Do You Have a Prescription Drug Addiction?
- Help for Prescription Drug Addiction
- Hidden Dangers of Prescription Drug Addiction
- Highly Addictive Prescription Drugs
- How Dependency Starts
- Kids and Prescription Drug Addiction
- Military and Prescription Drug Abuse
- Most Common Prescription Drug Addictions
- Prescription Drug Addiction Signs
- Prescription Drug Withdrawal Issues
- Prescription Drugs and the Internet
- Talking to Your Kids About Prescription Drug Addiction
- Treatment Options for Prescription Drug Dependency
- Trends and Statistics