Considering Outpatient Treatment for a Prescription Drug Problem
Vicodin addiction, Adderall addiction, OxyContin abuse and other conditions are among the fastest growing problems among our population -rising at a time when overall drug addiction rates are falling or remaining stagnant.
For those who decide to take a stand, and fight back against prescription drug addiction, there are two primary treatment styles to choose from: residential rehab and outpatient prescription drug rehab. With residential care, the individual lives at the treatment center full time as they proceed with detox, counseling and aftercare. Outpatient rehab offers these same core programs, but the individual attends treatment during the day -and then returns home, or to a sober living facility in the evening.
Why do People Choose Outpatient Prescription Drug Treatment?
On the surface, it would seem like residential prescription drug rehab programs hold all of the advantages over their outpatient cousins. However, a closer inspection shows why countless individuals who have a choice select outpatient rehab treatment for their prescription drug addiction.
Who Should NOT Choose Outpatient Treatment?
Sometimes, if an individual has access to Vicodin, OxyContin or other prescription medications their addiction will be so strong that they are unable to avoid relapse. For these individuals, residential care offers a place free of temptation, or access to these substances. In addition, many people develop a prescription drug addiction because of stressors and triggers in their home environment.
Since outpatient rehab generally forces the individual to remain in this environment, it may not be the most appropriate way to promote recovery.
- 5 Drug Recovery Tips
- Are You Sure You’re Not Addicted?
- Benefits of a Private Rehab
- California Prescription Drug Rehab
- Considering Outpatient Treatment for a Prescription Drug Problem
- Do I Need Prescription Drug Treatment?
- Finding Prescription Rehab Programs
- Holistic Prescription Drug Recovery
- Inpatient Drug Treatment
- Is a Luxury Rehab Right For You?
- Prescription Drug Myths and Rehab
- Prescription Drug Recovery Centers
- Prescription Drug Treatment Facilities
- Prescription Drugs: History of Prescription Drugs
- The Pros and Cons of Outpatient Rehabs
- Three Types of Residential Rehabs
- Top 5 Rehab Questions
- Treatment Tips for Prescription Drug Problems
- What makes Prescription Drugs so Addictive?