Sober Living in California
It should come as no surprise that California is also home over 10,000 sober living facilities -one of the most innovative and essential ways to help people with their recovery and ease them back into the “mainstream” life they had before developing a drug addiction.
Sober living in California is the means used by thousands of recovering addicts every day to regain the skills and self-responsibility needed to function without drugs.
What is Sober Living?
At a sober living home, the individual lives alongside other recovering addicts in a safe environment where responsibilities are shared among residents. Sober living represents the ultimate way for individuals to “get back on their feet” after rehab.
Where Are the Sober Living Homes in California?
Sober Living homes can be found in almost every major city in California with a higher concentration of facilities in large urban areas such as Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento. There are sober living homes in all kinds of neighborhoods. Generally, there are no zoning codes or laws limiting where a sober living home can exist.
How Much Does Sober Living Cost in California?
As with drug rehab programs, the cost to live in a sober living home in California varies from facility to facility. Some residences provide only the basic necessities and cost very little. Others provide a host of amenities and can cost several thousand dollars per month.
What Are the Rules?
The mutually accepted behavior exhibited by the individuals is what makes sober living homes safe, productive environments. Although the rules vary from home to home, some of the most common regulations at sober living facilities include:
- No drugs or alcohol (the primary rule at all facilities -violation of this rule generally leads to immediate expulsion from the house)
- Nightly curfew in which everyone must be in their rooms by a certain time
- Restrictions on guests -who can come to visit, when they can arrive and how long they can stay.
- Policies regarding check-in and check-out from the facility
- No weapons of any kind on the premises.
These rules and others like them serve a dual purpose at the sober living facility. They help keep everyone on the premises safe and also provide structure for those live there. Structure is an important element of after-care since many recovering addicts saw their lives thrown into chaos by their alcohol or drug addiction.
Michael’s House is located in Palm Springs, California and offers some the finest, most innovative drug rehab programs in California. The staff of addiction specialists and counselors at Michael’s House provides care, comfort and real solutions for those who enter the program with a desire to change their lives for the better.
Contact Michael’s House today for more information about their unique, proven-successful drug rehab programs.
- A Day in the Life of a Sober Living Home
- A Guide to Sober Housing
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Making It Work at a Sober Living Home
- Paying for Sober Living
- Sober Living Benefits
- Sober Living Costs
- Sober Living for Men
- Sober Living for Women
- Sober Living Homes: 10 Things You Should Know
- Sober Living in California
- Sober Living Rules and Regulations
- The Benefits of Luxury Sober Living
- Tips for Living Right in a California Sober Living Facility
- What Can You Expect at Luxury Sober Living