Beating Vicodin Addiction: What Family Members Should Know
What exactly can Vicodin addiction do? What’s the worst thing that can happen? And how do you help your family member beat Vicodin addiction and keep your family intact?
At Michael’s House, we are dedicated to providing long-term Vicodin addiction treatment and sober living care to ensure that your loved one has a strong start in their new life without active drug addiction.
Contact us to learn more about how you can help your family member enroll in Vicodin rehab.
The Physical Aspects
Vicodin is an opiate medication and as such is highly addictive. In the long-term, it can destroy your liver and cause permanent damage. In the short-term, you are at risk of overdose, shallow breathing, slowed heart rate, coma and even death.
These are terrifying thoughts for family members of Vicodin addicts.
With or without medication, your loved one can stop taking Vicodin under the care of a doctor. Without medication like methadone or buprenorphine, they will likely experience Vicodin withdrawal symptoms and when these subside, your loved one will no longer be physically hooked on the drug.
The Mental and Emotional Aspects
The mental and emotional dependence upon Vicodin are arguably the most difficult to break. Cravings do not subside after their body stops counting on more and more of the drug.
Beating a mental and emotional dependence upon Vicodin happens in Vicodin addiction treatment through behavioral therapy. Here your family member will learn how Vicodin acts in the brain and how to choose other ways to get through triggers other than relapse.
A Spiritual Approach to Overcoming Vicodin Addiction
Beating Vicodin Addiction at Michael’s House
Michael’s House offers a comprehensive holistic treatment to help you and your family beat Vicodin addiction. It starts with Vicodin detox to address physical dependence and is followed by extensive Vicodin addiction treatment with behavioral therapy, group sessions, educational classes and a host of alternative therapies.
If your loved one has already completed a Vicodin rehab, we also have a sober living facility here in Palm Springs, California. The focus of this program is to help your family member reintegrate into the world as painlessly as possible while implementing the coping skills and ideals learned during Vicodin rehab.
Contact us at Michael’s House today to find out how we can help your loved one beat Vicodin addiction.
- 3 Vicodin Addiction Facts
- 5 Vicodin Addiction Symptoms
- Are You Addicted to Vicodin?
- Beating Vicodin Addiction: What Family Members Should Know
- Finding Help for Your Addiction to Vicodin
- Finding Vicodin Addiction Help
- How a Vicodin Problem Begins
- Luxury Vicodin Addiction Treatment
- Risks and Dangers of Vicodin Addiction
- Teen Vicodin Abuse and Addiction
- Treatment Centers for Addiction to Vicodin
- Vicodin Addiction and Women
- Vicodin Addiction Programs
- Vicodin Addiction Recovery and Pain Management
- Vicodin Addiction Rehabilitation Fact and Fiction
- Vicodin Addiction Treatment
- Vicodin Addiction Warning Signs
- Vicodin Addiction Withdrawal Symptoms
- Vicodin Treatment Centers: Styles of Treatment
- What Causes Addiction to Vicodin