To help determine if you have a drinking problem, consider asking yourself the following questions. If you answer yes to one or more of these questions, you may be an alcoholic and in need of professional help.
Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Drinking Habits
- Think back several months from now. Are you drinking more now than you were then?
- Do you find it hard to come home at the end of the day and NOT have a drink?
- Has your work performance ever suffered as a result of your drinking?
- Do you drink at lunch, even if none of your coworkers are having any alcohol?
- Is your sex life suffering as a result of your drinking?
- Are you engaging in more and more arguments with your significant other?
- So you have a drink to clear your thoughts or wind down after an argument with your significant other?
- Have you ever woken up in the morning and had a drink to start the day?
- Do you crave alcohol when you aren’t drinking?
- Do you feel anxious when you have not had a drink for a while?
- Do you ever feel guilty about how much you drink?
- Are you finding that you have a higher and higher tolerance for alcohol and that it takes more and more to get you inebriated?
- Have you ever been charged with a DUI?
- Have you experienced blackouts, where you cannot remember what occurred during certain periods in which you were drinking?
If you have answered “yes” to any of the questions above (or know someone who you believe is an alcoholic), it is imperative that you seek professional help immediately. Left untreated, alcohol abuse can cause a variety of serious health problems—both psychological and physical.
At Michael’s House, we help alcoholics reclaim their lives. Our staff of professionals takes you through the difficult withdrawal periods and through the counseling you need to get your life back in order. We understand the power of this disease, and will do everything necessary to help you overcome it. Please call us at our 24 hour, toll-free helpline to get help. We can even check your insurance coverage and explain your benefits to you. Please call now.
Speak with an Admissions Coordinator 760-548-4032