Many individuals who have a drinking problem fail to ask themselves the tough questions. They think they are fooling everyone into believing that their drinking is under control, when in actuality, the only person they are misleading is themselves.
The following represent the essential questions that every individual who is struggling with alcohol needs to ask about their own behavior. If you answer yes to one or more of these questions, there is a strong chance that you need alcohol rehab – and should contact a facility in your area.
10 Important Signs That You May Need Alcohol Rehab
1. You drink at socially unacceptable times of the day – including in the morning when you first wake up, or at lunch during the work day.
2. You drinking has caused you to become isolated from friends and family.
3. You drink alone, without the need for social interaction
4. You have gotten into trouble with the law as a result of your drinking problem.
5. You have seen your performance at work or school suffer as a result of drinking
6. You engage in more than two binge drinking episodes each week
7. You have missed meetings, dates or appointments because you were hungover or drunk
8. You personal relationships have suffered as a result of your drinking problem
9. You have begun to forgo activities and hobbies you once enjoyed in order to spend more time drinking.
10. Your friends and family have held an alcohol intervention to show you the impact of your drinking problem.
If you see yourself in one or more of the signs above it is time to reach out to an addiction treatment professional. For help with an alcohol addiction, contact an alcohol rehab facility in your area.