Crystal Meth is a drug that is wreaking havoc on communities all over the United States. In both cities and rural communities alike, the drug is destroying lives, families, and communities.
Sadly, when an individual uses meth just one time it is often a life-altering decision. Meth gives the user a powerful euphoric rush. This feeling causes many people to get hooked right from the start. The feeling is so intense and pleasurable; a meth user will do anything to have the rush again.
Here are some vital facts about crystal meth to help you better understand the drug and its devastating consequences:
- Crystal Meth is a street name for methamphetamine. Other street names for the drug include crank, ice, speed, meth or chalk.
- Crystal Meth has seen rapid growth in popularity, primarily because the drug is relatively easy to make.
- Crystal meth carries a lower street price than other illicit drugs such as heroin or cocaine. Many trailer homes or abandoned residences have been converted into meth labs.
- People can take methamphetamine by inhaling/smoking, swallowing, snorting, or injecting the drug.
- Individuals who take Crystal meth experience a significant mental rush.As a result, some meth users can stay awake for days at a time without sleeping.
- Crystal meth users develop a tolerance to the drug over time. This term means it will take more and more of the drug to achieve a euphoric feeling from it.
- One of the easiest ways to identify a crystal meth addict is the presence of “meth mouth.” As a result of excessive use of the drug, a meth user’s teeth rot and may even fall out.
Even when an individual stops taking crystal meth, he may experience several severe withdrawal symptoms. Some of these symptoms include anxiety, irritability, restlessness, paranoia and depression. These withdrawal symptoms can last for anywhere from 48 hours to several days. During this period the individual is at high-risk of relapsing back into the drug use.
Crystal Meth destroys lives and tears families apart. Drug rehab programs, such as the ones found at Michael’s House, offer a chance for a new start. If you are using crystal meth—or any other form of meth—please get help. This is crucial for your health and well-being.
One great option is to contact the caring professionals at Michael’s House to learn about their residential rehab programs. The staff at Michael’s House is made up of professionals that work together toward the common goal of helping you achieve sobriety. You will receive a customized drug treatment plan that gets amazing results for you. Michael’s House offers a complete detox program, group and individual counseling and more. Michael’s House helps you get well and stay clean.
Please contact Michael’s House today at 760-548-4032 if you or someone you love is addicted to Crystal Meth. This could be the most important phone call of your life or the life of someone close to you. Please feel free to call if you have any questions about treatment or the rehab process. We’re here to help you.