As more people opt for drug rehab as a means of ending their addiction to drugs or alcohol, the addiction treatment community has seen a significant rise in the high-end private drug treatment market. Located in scenic areas and stocked with plush amenities, these exclusive centers have become the rehab of choice for Hollywood stars, as well as for people from all walks of life. However, high-end private treatment centers aren’t for everyone.
The following are several advantages and disadvantages of choosing a private drug treatment center:
Like the name implies, private drug-treatment facilities work overtime to keep a patient’s presence. These treatments centers work on a highly confidential basis. If keeping a low-profile is a concern, the individual can rest assured that the private center’s reputation depends on its ability to maintain the anonymity of its clients. Some other advantages include:
- Top-notch amenities. Spas and luxury pools are not uncommon sites at the most exclusive private drug treatment centers. These facilities cater to residents’ every need, so they can focus more on their recovery.
- Location, location, location. Many of the best private rehab centers can be found in Malibu overlooking the Pacific Ocean, in the desert of luxurious Palm Springs or in the mountainous beauty of Wyoming or Colorado. To help remove the individual from a toxic environment, these private facilities spared no expense in selecting the most breath-taking scenery in the United States.
Although private facilities offer more amenities than non-private facilities and the locations can be attractive, there are disadvantages to choosing a private facility. Some of these include:
- The cost. While prices vary, and some private facilities are affordable, many cost thousands of dollars or more per week. This makes these programs inaccessible to many who would seek treatment there.
- Your peers. One of the primary components of drug rehab is a connection with the peer group and building a sense of community within the program. Individuals considering some of the most expensive programs need to make sure that they are comfortable opening up in front of people who come from what are potentially very different socio-economic backgrounds.
- The location. The location of your residential rehab treatment center may be peaceful and pastoral, but what good is it if you can’t get there. Make sure that you can afford travel costs to your rehab destination, and that it is accessible for your family if they plan to come for a visit. If the location is too far from home to be feasible, consider an outpatient drug treatment program that allows you to continue certain aspects of your everyday life such as work or school.
Treatment at Michael’s House
Michael’s House is a private treatment center that combines the best of all worlds —knowledgeable, expert treatment with personalized care that makes everyone at the facility feel less like a patient and more like family. Located in beautiful Palm Springs, California, Michael’s House is a residential facility where individuals can focus solely on addiction recovery and leave the distractions of the outside world behind. Contact Michael’s House 24 hours a day at 1-877-469-0675 for more information about drug and alcohol treatment plans.
 National Institute on Drug Abuse. “Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction,” July 2016. Accessed May 8, 2017. https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/treatment-approaches-drug-addiction
 National Institute on Drug Abuse. “What is Drug Addiction Treatment?” December 2012. Accessed May 8, 2017. https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/frequently-asked-questions/what-drug-addiction-treatment
Speak with an Admissions Coordinator 877-345-8494