Michael’s House Treatment Center
Michael’s House Treatment Center is a safe space for healing recovery in an inpatient setting. Our beautiful location at the base of the San Jacinto Mountains in Palm Springs, California is a stunning backdrop to individuals in treatment. Our staff creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere and supports patients with an integrated, multidisciplinary team which includes primary therapists, consulting physicians, residential therapists, nurses and group leaders.
Through support, compassion and education treatment, team members empower you to reach your recovery goals according to your specific needs. Michael’s House focuses on healing the whole person, specializing in treating addiction and co-occurring mental health issues in the same setting.
Gender-Specific ProgramsMen and women have separate clinical programs to meet their specific treatment needs. These specialized programs focus on building resilience, empowerment and skill sets supportive of their long-term success in recovery.
LGBT ProgramOur unique and compassionate LGBT program supports the recovery needs of the community. The emphasis of this track is on resolving the experiences of oppression, shame and trauma that can be present for this group so that ongoing barriers to recovery can be identified and resolved.
Features and Amenities
- Modern, open atmosphere with comfortable accommodations
- Daily meditation and quiet time
- Adventure program
- Healthy and delicious meals
- Integrated treatment for substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, grief/loss and psychological trauma
- Clinically supervised detox
- Partial hospitalization program
- Sober escort and travel support services
- Life Challenge and Heroes in Recovery communities
- Extensive behavioral health assessment and psychiatric evaluation
- Customized care plan focused on the unique needs of each individual
- Medication management directed by consulting physicians
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy using a stages of change approach
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Recovery planning for relapse prevention and long-term goals
- Quality care focused on the development of constructive life skills
- Trauma resolution and other specialty support groups
- Family therapy, including family weekends with educational healing programs
Group and Individual TherapyEach individual at Michael’s House will participate in a minimum of 20 hours of group therapy each month and one to two individual therapy sessions weekly (frequency of individual therapy sessions is based on the clinical assessment of the primary therapist). Individual sessions focus on each individual’s specific needs, and therapeutic modalities implemented will vary accordingly. In addition, Michael’s House will remain attentive to each individual’s needs and may increase the amount of individual therapy as clinically indicated. We have a number of groups that are regularly scheduled each week, including the following:
- Orientation/aftercare group
- Relapse prevention group
- Primary single gender therapy
- Yoga and expressive art therapy
- 12-Step facilitation
- Combined gender therapy
Challenge and Adventure TherapyChallenge activities such as hiking, volleyball and aquatic therapy are designed to address basic recovery issues as well as to move patients into deeper insight and healing. These group sessions utilize traditional group therapy, structured experiential group work, metaphor therapy and adventure-based counseling. Learning and internalizing the concepts of limits, boundaries, self-care, acceptance, letting go and accountability are important themes in this form of therapy. Learn More
Our staff is specially trained in the Foundations Recovery Network treatment model to address the complex needs of individuals with co-occurring disorders and to treat the whole person in a comprehensive way.Meet the Entire Team