Our unique, award-winning approach blends compassionate care with research-based methods to treat both substance abuse and the underlying emotional or mental health disorders which can often be the catalyst for addictive behaviors. We focus on healing the whole person: mind, body and spirit. Our comprehensive care methods set clients up for long-term success in recovery.
Located in the beautiful San Jacinto Mountains in Palm Springs, California, Michael’s House Outpatient Center provides a unique refuge of healing for individuals seeking recovery in a modern, non-residential setting. Michael’s House Outpatient Center follows a continuum model that supports patients in their transition from residential treatment to everyday life through ongoing support and education.
Continued SupportOur multidisciplinary team provides support, structure, structure and hope for recovery from co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders. Every patient receives an individually-tailored program to meet his or her unique needs through group and individual therapy as well as life skills classes integrated with 12-Step principles. We also provide weekly medical evaluations with a staff doctor as needed to adjust medications or deal with any issues that arise. This is in addition to our nurse, who is on site twice a week to meet with patients.
Features & Amenities
- Comprehensive care in a compassionate setting
- Holistic services, including yoga, tai chi, chi gong and art therapy
- Educational and career support services
- Special activities including hiking, movies, bowling and museum visits
- Advanced recovery workshops
- Medication management services (graduates of our residential program only)
- Support for long-term success in recovery
- Beautiful and restorative environment
The Focus of Our Treatment Program
- Helping you maintain recovery from drugs and alcohol
- Treatment and recovery education
- Strength-based life skills development
- Healthy social and physical activities
- Access to 12-Step and other community resources
- Case management
- Long-term support service through aftercare
- Partnerships with local sober living homes
Our ProgramOur outpatient program features three levels that build on the levels system used in our residential program. Patients begin with three hours of education per day, focusing on developing a schedule for a life of sobriety, increasing their recovery skill sets, continuing in group therapy, and gaining valuable relapse prevention awareness. We currently offer an Intensive Outpatient Program, which runs from 8:30 to 11:30 am, Monday through Friday. The program provides a morning check-in and meditation group, which includes goal-setting for the day, psychoeducational group learning, based on a variety of rotating topics, and process groups, facilitated by a master’s-level licensed therapist. In addition to the daily group therapy sessions, each patient is offered one individual session per week during this critical transitional period. From there, patients may step down to a shortened weekly schedule, which is then followed by successful discharge to our free aftercare program, with a focus on alumni support.
Our multidisciplinary team provides support, structure, and hope for recovery from co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders. Every patient receives an individually-tailored program to meet his or her unique needs through group and individual therapy as well as life skills classes integrated with 12-Step principles. We also provide weekly medical evaluations with a staff doctor as needed to adjust medications or deal with any issues that arise. This is in addition to our nurse, who is on-site twice a week to meet with patients.
- Step-down approach that eases individuals back into everyday life
- Specialized care plan focused on the unique needs of each individual
- Comprehensive psychiatric and behavioral health assessment
- Full-panel drug screening upon admission and random drug tests
- Physician-directed medication management
- Motivational Interviewing using a stages-of-change approach
- One-on-one sessions with a board-certified psychiatrist specializing in co-occurring disorders
- Primary therapy with a licensed mental health professional
- Educational programs and learning sessions
- Specialty groups, including those that focus on young adults, women’s issues, men’s issues, life skills training, DBT, stress management and relapse prevention
- Pre-trial intervention for DUI offenders
- Orientation and assessment process
- Business and career development component once a week, including resume building and interview skills
Additional SupportPsychiatric and medical follow-up are an integral part of our outpatient program as well, creating a well-rounded experience that meets a wide range of needs. Assessments are available to evaluate the right level of treatment at the appropriate time for each potential patient. Our Outpatient Center has a dedicated case manager to address all aspects of discharge and assist each patient in creating a comprehensive continuing care plan before they leave.
In this episode of Recovery Unscripted, Alex Dorsey and Ashley Buchanan help us take a look at the role outpatient treatment plays in the overall recovery journey. They share how they approach helping people safely and effectively step down from residential treatment to outpatient to aftercare to a sustainable life in recovery.
Most of the individuals in our program reside in one of several sober living homes in the area, although some locals may opt to live at home. We do not operate our own sober living facility, allowing us to provide unbiased recommendations regarding the various options in our region.
Recovery ResultsWhen enrolled at Michael’s House Outpatient Center, you can enjoy freedom from the disruption and stress of day-to-day life demands with the additional support and expert guidance of our professional staff through every step of recovery. Michael’s House Outpatient Center is part of Foundations Recovery Network and provides an award-winning model of treatment, which has been extensively tested and proven through multiple federally-funded research studies. We combine evidence-based addiction treatment with innovative therapies for emotional and mental health to effectively address co-occurring disorders. Results demonstrate double the national average success rate for maintaining sobriety one year post-treatment as compared to traditional programs. We accept most insurance plans, and our self-pay arrangements are very affordable.
We invite you to speak with an admissions counselor for verification of insurance coverage and to learn more about how we can help you or your loved one experience true and lasting recovery.
Our staff is specially trained in the Foundations Recovery Network treatment model to address the complex needs of individuals with co-occurring disorders and to treat the whole person in a comprehensive way.