Outpatient & PHP Programs
Our unique, award-winning approach blends compassionate care with research-based methods to treat both substance abuse and the underlying emotional or mental health disorders which can often be the catalyst for addictive behaviors. We focus on healing the whole person: mind, body, and spirit. Our comprehensive care methods set clients up for long-term success in recovery.
Located in the beautiful San Jacinto Mountains in Palm Springs, California, Michael’s House Outpatient Center provides a unique refuge of healing for individuals seeking recovery in a modern, non-residential setting. Michael’s House Outpatient Center follows a continuum model that supports patients in their transition from residential treatment to everyday life through ongoing support and education.
We currently offer a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) at our Outpatient Center. In both programs our multidisciplinary team provides support, structure, and hope for recovery from co-occurring addiction and mental health disorders. Every patient receives an individually-tailored program to meet his or her unique needs through group and individual therapy as well as life skills classes integrated with 12-Step principles.
Our PHP level offers six hours of treatment each day, Monday thru Friday, and includes weekly individual therapy, daily group therapy, recovery education, holistic activities, and aftercare planning.
Our IOP is three hours of treatment each day, Monday thru Friday, with a focus on group therapy, recovery education, and aftercare planning.
Patients of both programs begin with three hours of education per day, focusing on developing a schedule for a life of sobriety, increasing their recovery skill sets, continuing in group therapy, and gaining valuable relapse prevention awareness.
Medical evaluations with a staff MD or NP are available to adjust medications or deal with any issues that arise for PHP patients on a weekly basis, and for IOP patients every 30 days, or as needed.
The program provides a morning check-in and meditation group, which includes goal-setting for the day, psych-education and process group learning, based on a variety of rotating topics, facilitated by a master’s-level licensed therapist.Our process group offerings can vary depending on patient population, but often include:
- Relapse Prevention
- Healthy Relationships
- Family and Recovery
- Men’s Group, Women’s Group, and LGBTQ+ Group
- Ages 35+ and Young Adult Groups
- Coping Skills for Anxiety and Depression
- Weekend Process
In addition to the daily group therapy sessions, each patient is offered one individual session per week during this critical transitional period. The patient’s individual therapist is responsible for clinical assessment, treatment, and discharge planning.
Over the course of the patient’s participation in outpatient services, families are updated regularly and involved in discharge planning. Family sessions are arranged by patient and therapist, which can take place in person or over the phone. Referents are contacted upon admission and thereafter as requested.
Alumni are encouraged to participate, at no cost, in our weekly evening process group. They are also invited to participate in monthly gatherings at the Outpatient Center.
We also offer Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT), including:
- Suboxone maintenance
- Vivitrol injections
Michael’s House also offers transitional living housing for clients interested in a sober living environment.
Features and Amenities
- Comprehensive care in a compassionate setting
- Holistic services, including yoga, tai chi, chi gong, and art therapy
- Educational and career support services
- Medication management services
- Support for long-term success in recovery
- Beautiful and restorative environment
The Focus of Our Program
- Helping you maintain recovery from drugs and alcohol
- Treatment and recovery education
- Strength-based life skills development
- Healthy social and physical activities
- Access to 12-Step and other community resources
- Case management
- Medication management
- Aftercare planning for long-term sobriety
- Step-down approach that eases individuals back into everyday life
- Specialized care plan focused on the unique needs of each individual
- Comprehensive psychiatric and behavioral health assessment
- Full-panel drug screening upon admission and random drug tests
- Physician-directed medication management
- Motivational Interviewing using a stages-of-change approach
- One-on-one sessions with a board-certified psychiatrist specializing in co-occurring disorders (for PHP patients)
- Primary therapy with a licensed mental health professional
- Psychoeducation with a focus on both lectures and interactive sessions
- Specialty groups, including those that focus on young adults, women’s issues, men’s issues, life skills training, DBT, stress management, and relapse prevention
- Orientation and assessment process
Recovery ResultsWhen enrolled at Michael’s House Outpatient Center, you can enjoy freedom from the disruption and stress of day-to-day life demands with the additional support and expert guidance of our professional staff through every step of recovery. Michael’s House Outpatient Center is part of Foundations Recovery Network and provides an award-winning model of treatment, which has been extensively tested and proven through multiple federally-funded research studies. We combine evidence-based addiction treatment with innovative therapies for emotional and mental health to effectively address co-occurring disorders. Results demonstrate double the national average success rate for maintaining sobriety one-year post-treatment as compared to traditional programs. We are in-network with most insurance providers and our self-pay arrangements are very affordable.
Our staff is specially trained in the Foundations Recovery Network treatment model to address the complex needs of individuals with co-occurring disorders and to treat the whole person in a comprehensive way.